Friday, May 11, 2012

Sahara's

The name of this recipe came from the manufacturer of the pitas at the time. This was in the 70's and I don't know if Sahara pitas are still available. My mom made them using regular pitas but I decided to try and make it a little more healthy so I use the whole wheat pitas. As kids, my mom would make them as a late night snack. They are simple to make and really delicious.
                                             Only three ingredients, what's not to love!
Sahara's
Pitas
Softened butter
McCormick's Salad Supreme

1.  Use a sharp knife to cut the pitas in half.
2.  Butter each half.
3.  Sprinkle with Salad Supreme
4.  Bake in a preheated 40025 degree oven for 3-6 minutes.  Keep an eye on them and take them out when they are crisp.
While we were living in South Korea, our son housesat for us and watched Louie for us.  Louie does not do do well out of our house.  He gets terrified and throws up constantly.  So Luke moved into our house with is new cat, Boots.  I should add that Louie is also terrified of other cats.  When we moved back home, Boots stayed with us for an additional month and I saw how well and not so well they got along.
Most of the time when this happened, I didn't know if they were playing or fighting.  Luckily, it didn't happen too often.
      I was surprised to find Louie the aggressor in many instances.  No more scaredy cat for him.
                                       But most of the time they just ignored each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment