Monday, December 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Blossoms

This is by far Rocketman's favorite cookie. I've made it for years and it was only this year that I decided to read the entire recipe before starting (something I'm know to do when cooking). I was shocked to find out that you put the kiss onto the cook AFTER baking. I had always done it before. I followed the directions exactly and it went perfectly. Now my cookies don't have Hershey kisses with burn tips. Who knew!!!

Also something I learned was to NOT used a cookie sheet.  Several of the little peanut butter balls rolled off as I placed them into the oven.  They ended up on the bottom of my oven. I switched to jelly roll pans to prevent this from happening.  Another reason I think I had a problem is I have a new stove with two ovens.  The lower one is convection which I used and having to bend so low, I must have tipped the cookie sheet.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Ingredients
48 Hershey Kisses Milk Chocolate
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Granulated suger
 
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl.
3. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar, bean untl fluffy.
4. Add egg, milk and vanilla, beat well.
5. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into mixture.
6. Shape dough in 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a kiss into center of each cookie.
8. Remove from cookie sheets to wire rack and cool completely.
 
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment