Also something I learned was to NOT used a cookie sheet. Several of the little peanut butter balls rolled off as I placed them into the oven. They ended up on the bottom of my oven. I switched to jelly roll pans to prevent this from happening. Another reason I think I had a problem is I have a new stove with two ovens. The lower one is convection which I used and having to bend so low, I must have tipped the cookie sheet.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
48 Hershey Kisses Milk Chocolate
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl.
3. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar, bean untl fluffy.
4. Add egg, milk and vanilla, beat well.
5. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into mixture.
6. Shape dough in 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a kiss into center of each cookie.
8. Remove from cookie sheets to wire rack and cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.