Special K Bars
1 cup sugar
1 cup Karo light corn syrup
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups Special K cereal
1/2 bag of Nestles chocolate chips (11 oz)
1/2 bag of Nesles butterscotch chips (11 oz)
1. Place sugar and corn syrup into saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Take off the burner and add peanut butter.
3. Add to a large bowl the Special K and peanut butter mixture. Mix together well.
4. Pour into a 9x13 jellyroll pan. Spread out and cover with wax paper. Use rolling pin to smooth. Remove wax paper when even.
5. In a double boiler, melt chips. Spread over peanut butter mixture evenly. Let cool.
6. I find it is easier to cut into squares when it cools to room temperature. If you cool it in a refrigerator, it is more difficult to cut and the chocolate will crack.